Program Director, REACH Language Program
Appointment Period: Full-time, 12 month basis
Location: City of Knowledge “YACHAY”, Urcuquí, Imbabura Province, Ecuador
Salary range: $52,000
Work Schedule: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(Will involve evening and weekend hours as needed)
Screening Date: July 14, 2014 (continue until position is filled)
Start Date: September 1, 2014 in Ecuador
The purpose of this position is to act as the lead administrator and representative of Kansas State University as the on-site Program Director of the REACH Language Program at the City of Knowledge, “YACHAY” in Ecuador. Responsible for supervising ten instructors, collecting research data, coordinating on-site visits for both the Ministry of Education and KSU, developing weekly, monthly and quarterly written reports, and establishing and maintaining a positive environment for the instructors and students. The Program Director will also be responsible for teaching a high-level academic English course.
This position requires an individual who must demonstrate independent discretion and judgment at the administrative level.
The Director will live and work on the “YACHAY” City of Knowledge campus in housing provided at no cost to the faculty for the duration of the program.
As a "first line supervisor", the primary duty of the Program Director will be the scheduling, monitoring, and supervision of ten English instructors in Ecuador on a daily basis. Responsible for recommending hiring and disciplinary actions to a higher level of authority.
Developing plans and criteria for program evaluation; maintaining consistent communication with and reports to the Executive Director of Research for CIMA at Kansas State University and the Executive Administrators of “YACHAY”; curriculum renewal and reports to the Principal Investigator.
Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the program; providing leadership and guidance for the instructors and students of the program; monitoring and analyzing results of operations to ensure compliance and achievement of the agency's goals and objectives; assisting with the collection, synthesis, distribution, and publication of research; and supervising the development of monthly newsletters and website updates.
The Program Director will also be responsible for teaching a high-level academic English course.
- Degree: Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Education or related field
- 2 years experience in teaching in international settings
- Knowledge of educational research methods
- EFL/ESL curriculum development experience
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to work and live in Ecuador for one year.
- Valid passport and no international travel restrictions.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, business, and administrative management.
- Knowledge of EFL/ESL Methods and practices with adult learners.
- Knowledge of the organization and operations of Kansas State University, assigned program and related programs.
- Ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to coach, mentor and foster teamwork among co-workers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communications and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical written material and to draw conclusions from available information.
- Three years supervision of professional staff or related experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Send letter of interest, resume’, unofficial transcript (official transcript will be required before hiring), and names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
KSU, College of Education
Attn: Susan Erichsen
002A Bluemont Hall
1100 Mid-Campus Drive
Manhattan, KS 66506
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Background check required.
Continued employment is contingent upon funding and need for these services.