PRAXIS ® Tests
Basic Skills Test:
PRAXIS Core Academic Skills for Educators Test
Our admissions testing requirements (the CORE test) have changed for students without a composite score of at least 22 on the ACT. We now require a Basic Skill Test that will help us gather data on your likely success in our program. This online assessment is provided on the Learning Express Library for you without charge.
To access the assessment,
- Enter this address in the web browser: http://guides.lib.k-state.edu/c.php?g=181830&p=1196390
- Click on Learning Express Library
- Register for the site
- Find the “Career Center” by clicking on the right arrow
- Click on “Prepare for an Occupation Exam”
- Find “Teaching” at the bottom left
- Click on “Prepare for the Praxis® Core Tests”
- There are 4 Practice Tests for each section (Math, Reading, and Writing). Choose a practice test for Math, Reading, and Writing sections.
- Once you complete all 3 sections of the test, go back to “My Center” and print off this page with your results.
- Print and sign the K-State Honor Pledge. (PDF)
- Take your results and your signed Honor Pledge to Bluemont Hall Room 13.
→ Download these instructions (PDF), complete with screenshots.
PRAXIS II ® PLT (Principles of Learning and Teaching)
and Subject Assessments
The Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE) requires two PRAXIS II ® tests for a Kansas Teaching License:
- A pedagogy test, the Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT)
- A content test for each area you are endorsed. These tests are part of the Praxis II ® tests. These tests are not required for Graduation, but are required for your Teaching License. Therefore we recommend that you take these exams the semester prior to student teaching or the semester prior to graduation.
→ See the PRAXIS II ® Licensing Test Overview
→ PRAXIS II ® Licensing Test Codes (includes PLT and all Content Tests)
| Score Recipient Code and Attending Institution Code:|
Kansas State University – 6334