Getting Started and Connected:
- Review K-State’s Student Learning Outcomes.
- Explore your academic and career interests. Choose one to study in more depth.
- Assess your strengths and skills. Complete StrengthsQuest.
- Explore intrapersonal factors related to academic and career goals.
- Clarify your personal values, especially as they relate to academic and career choices.
- Explore connections between your interests, values, and strengths and potential careers.
- Arrange for experiences that will help you clarify your goals.
- Use multiple resources to maximize your undergraduate experience (advisors, study groups, student organizations, volunteering, electives, student services).
- Explore majors, minors, education abroad, research, internships, honors program.
- Attend programs sponsored in the College of Education or other organizations as well as lectures and other campus activities.
- Acquaint yourself with the features of the teacher education program. Develop an academic plan and goals toward graduation.
- Take Core Academic Skills for Educators tests (not required if ACT is 22 or higher).
- Apply for Admission to Teacher Education.
- Complete First Aid/CPR certification.
- See your advisor at a time other than pre-enrollment.
- Meet your content area faculty.
- Review K-State’s Honor & Integrity information.