Office of the Associate Dean for Research and External Funding
The Office of the Associate Dean for Research and External Funding is a catalyst for identifying opportunities, providing professional development for writing proposals, facilitating interdisciplinary projects, and working with campus-wide initiatives related to faculty research and external funding efforts. Our primary goals are to:
- Identify and disseminate potential funding sources
- Search for and post relevant funding opportunities on the Current Funding Opportunity’s page
- Send targeted emails to faculty with select funding opportunities aligning with their research goals.
- Serve as liaison with external funding agencies.
- Serve as liaison with the COE Office of Development and Alumni Affairs, K-State Office of the Vice President for Research and the Office of Research Development.
- Facilitate internal review for applicable limited funding opportunities.
- Assist faculty to acquire seed funds for external funding such as University Small Research Grant (USRG) and Faculty Development Award (FDA).
- Build collaborative research teams
- Assist in development of cross-departmental and cross-university collaborative teams.
- Establish strategic partnerships.
- Maintain web-based COE research profiles.
- Support development and submission of proposals
- When possible, provide samples of successful proposals.
- Provide consultation to help guide principal investigators (PIs) through the proposal submission process.
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) to assist with funding agency requirements.
- Present suggestions for project design.
- Develop budgets; coordinate sub-contract process if applicable.
- Provide feedback on proposal drafts when sufficient time is allotted by PI.
- Prepare supplemental materials and boilerplate text.
- Provide editing, proofreading, and formatting services.
- Provide training and resources in areas such as research design, quantitative and qualitative analyses, research compliance, program evaluation and project management.
- Assist faculty in meeting with funding agencies.
- Meet with new faculty to support their efforts to pursue funding.
- Sponsor Brown Bag Series research events.
Cindy Shuman, Acting Associate Dean and Executive Director, Office of Educational Innovation and Evaluation
785-532-5765 | email@example.com
Morgan Jobe, Project/Program Coordinator
785-532-5765 | firstname.lastname@example.org