Rural Education Center
The Rural Education Center (REC) focuses its efforts upon the improvement of the education of the children and youth of the rural and small schools of Kansas and the regional area served by Kansas State University.
STEM and Career Education
The Rural Education Center is producing STEM education experiences as part of Project LEAPES
Roger and Liz Rea STEAM Speaker Series
Roger and Liz Rea are pleased to sponsor the STEAM Speaker Series for K-State. They believe that learning more about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, and how the Arts can play a role in these technical areas will help young people prepare for the future in a diverse and technologically complex world.
What We Do
- Coordinate and conduct research and development activities that address the unique needs of rural and small schools.
- Develop strategies and delivery systems for meeting the educational needs of small schools and rural communities.
- Coordinate and disseminate information about and for rural education.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with state, regional, and national agencies, organizations, and institutions with interests in rural education.
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues, practices, and problems by concerned parties.
- Serve as an advocate for rural education and represent the interests of rural and small schools at the state, regional and national levels.
- Provide leadership and serve as an initiator of workshops and seminars that relate to rural education and the needs of rural educators.
- Serve as a brokerage for nationally developed curricular programs and validated practices for rural/small schools.
- Provide consultation services for rural/small schools. The services, arranged on a fee basis, include facility studies, curriculum development, inservice for teachers and administrators, measurement of student progress and community surveys, among others.
Be a part of our efforts!
Email Matt LaGree, Director of Development at email@example.com
Join our program to become a teacher!
Email Marcus Kidd, College of Education Assistant Director of Enrollment Management and Institutional Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org