Serving as an advocate for rural education...at all levels.
Rural Education Center
The Rural Education Center (REC) focuses its efforts upon the improvement of the education of the children and youth of the rural and small schools of Kansas and the regional area served by Kansas State University.
What We Do
- Coordinate and conduct research and development activities that address the unique needs of rural and small schools.
- Develop strategies and delivery systems for meeting the educational needs of small schools and rural communities.
- Coordinate and disseminate information about and for rural education.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with state, regional, and national agencies, organizations, and institutions with interests in rural education.
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues, practices, and problems by concerned parties.
- Serve as an advocate for rural education and represent the interests of rural and small schools at the state, regional and national levels.
- Provide leadership and serve as an initiator of workshops and seminars that relate to rural education and the needs of rural educators.
- Serve as a brokerage for nationally developed curricular programs and validated practices for rural/small schools.
- Provide consultation services for rural/small schools. The services, arranged on a fee basis, include facility studies, curriculum development, inservice for teachers and administrators, measurement of student progress and community surveys, among others.
Be a part of our efforts!
Email Frank Cummings, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our program to become a teacher!
Email Marcus Kidd, College of Education Assistant Director of Enrollment Management and Institutional Partnerships at email@example.com