Rural Education Center
The Rural Education Center focuses its efforts upon the improvement of the education of the children and youth of the rural and small schools of Kansas and the regional area served by Kansas State University.
The 2020 Rural Education Summit has been cancelled.
- Coordinate and conduct research and development activities that address the unique needs of rural and small schools.
- Develop strategies and delivery systems for meeting the educational needs of small schools and rural communities.
- Coordinate and disseminate information about and for rural education.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with state, regional, and national agencies, organizations, and institutions with interests in rural education.
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues, practices, and problems by concerned parties.
- Serve as an advocate for rural education and represent the interests of rural and small schools at the state, regional and national levels.
- Provide leadership and serve as an initiator of workshops and seminars that relate to rural education and the needs of rural educators.
- Serve as a brokerage for nationally developed curricular programs and validated practices for rural/small schools.
- Provide consultation services for rural/small schools. The services, arranged on a fee basis, include facility studies, curriculum development, inservice for teachers and administrators, measurement of student progress and community surveys, among others.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rural PDS Schools
- USD 220 Ashland
- USD 379 Clay County
- USD 482 Dighton
- USD 474 Haviland
- USD 215 Lakin
- USD 480 Liberal
- USD 438 Skyline
- USD 240 Twin Valley
College of Education's Rural Education Center creates network to serve rural schools
Rural Education Center to receive USDA grant for robot-facilitated distance learning in rural schoolsLeaders from school districts across Kansas attend rural education summit at K-State
Links of Interest
U.S. Department of Education
National Rural Education Association
Schools for Quality Education
Improving Teacher Quality State Grants
Education Technology State Grant
Title III (Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students)
Part B of Title IV (21st Century Community Learning Centers)
Rural Education Achievement Program (REAP)
Institute of Education Sciences (IES)