The Hot Topics series provides EDCATS and our educational partners opportunities to engage in professional learning focusing on topics such as professionalism and self-care; diversity and globalism; classroom pedagogy; and research and reflection. Students can earn professional development hours through participating in the activities associated with each session.
Current Hot Topics
Professional Memberships and Conferences: Why you should get involved!
Hosted by: Dr. Pesnell, Bergen Cooper, Abby Depperschmidt, Ava Hauser,Rebecca Newport, Lexie Sjeklocha, and Zaine White
Date: Oct. 4, 2022. Time: 4:30 - 5:30 pm CT
Location: Zoom - https://ksu.zoom.us/j/97956223951
Previous Hot Topics
- Meeting Military-Connects Families Panel - Military Connected EdCats Committee and Hot Topic Series
- Personal Financial Management Overview - Kolby Stein from PowerCat Financial
- Yes, You Can (And Should) Be A Teacher Leader Who Will Help Advance Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion For All Students - Dr. Robert Hachiya
- A Day in the Life of a First-Year Teacher: A Panel Discussion - Tracey Conway
- Activities for Earth Day - Population Education
- Working with LGBTQ+ Students in Schools - Seth Dills
- What does fluency in Math really look like? What every K-12 Teacher needs to know - Dr. Sherri Martinie