Student Affairs Graduate Programs

We offer two graduate programs in the student affairs academic area – a master's degree in college student development and a doctorate in student affairs in higher education.

If you are interested in learning more about various careers in student affairs, helpful information can be found on the Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA) website.

Student Affairs-related graduate assistant positions are available across campus.

College Student Development Master's Degree

The College Student Development program is designed to prepare students for work in student affairs units in higher education institutions and to assist students with meeting the professional entry-level requirements in the field.

The Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS) has developed functional areas standards for higher education programs. The master's degree in college student development program meets most of the general curriculum policies of the CAS Standards.

Student Affairs in Higher Education Doctorate (Ph.D.)

The Student Affairs in Higher Education program is designed for educators, administrators, direct service providers, and leaders who seek to enhance their knowledge and professional skills to assume positions in institutions of higher education or in education-related agencies. The Ph.D. program is for advanced students who desire to contribute to the knowledge base of higher education and leadership through a thorough grounding in research. The program emphasizes professional practice in higher education guided and informed by theory and research.

How'd You Get That Job?

Careers in Student Affairs and Academic Advising

For more information about Student Affairs graduate programs, call 785-532-5541 or email Amy Levin Plattner @