Department of Educational Leadership
The Department of Educational Leadership at Kansas State University offers a variety of graduate programs and emphases under a broad leadership umbrella, with two major components:
- Educational Leadership – development of leaders in educational settings with an emphasis on P-12 settings
- Adult Learning and Leadership – development of individuals involved in the education of adults
Graduate Program Areas
- Adult Learning Graduate Certificate (Online)
- Leadership Dynamics for Adult Learners Graduate Certificate (Online)
- Social Justice Education Graduate Certificate (Online)
- Qualitative Research Graduate Certificate (Online)
Educational Leadership Graduate Programs
The Department offers a full program of educational leadership graduate studies culminating in the M.S. and Ed.D. degrees. For most graduates, program focus leads to professional building or district licensure as a school principal or superintendent, exemplified by coursework school improvement, staff and curriculum development, policy analysis, educational technology, research seminars, school finance, school law, personnel administration, social justice, educational politics, school facilities, and problems-based leadership. In addition, the department cooperates with other college units to license other school professionals such as special education directors. Since the department's inception, over 600 master's degrees and nearly 400 doctoral degrees have been awarded to our alumni.
- Educational Leadership Doctoral Graduates (PDF)
- Educational Leadership Master's Degree Graduates (PDF)
- Partnering to Develop Teacher Leadership Capacity
- Partnering to Build the Leadership You Need brochure (PDF)
Adult Learning and Leadership Graduate Programs
The Department offers a full program of graduate studies in adult learning and leadership, ranging from graduate certificate to M.S., Ed.D. and Ph.D. degrees. The program focus stresses both professional advancement and a greater understanding of the philosophy, scope, and nature of adult education, adult basic education and literacy, and leadership development. The curriculum provides the innovative knowledge and practices necessary to develop competencies in a constantly evolving field. The major areas of emphasis in adult learning and leadership include the following: Human Resource Development/Training, Extension Education, Community Education, and Continuing Professional Education. Since inception, nearly 3,000 masters degrees and over 400 doctoral degrees have been awarded to our alumni.
- Adult Learning and Leadership Doctoral Graduates (PDF)
- Adult Learning and Leadership Master's Degree Graduates (PDF)
Distance Learning Opportunities
The department offers a sizable proportion of masters degree and professional license programming via online delivery. Distance-enhanced options are available in both educational leadership and adult learning and leadership. Please see program and course offerings at the K-State Online website.